Sorry grammar Nazis (aka Tina), I am
awful at spelling and grammar and life. Let me apologize in advance! SORRY!!!!

Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Starting Up

Hello People,
My name is Lindsey not actually Nancy as my blogger profile leads you to believe. I use the name Nancy because it encompasses the person I am. At the young age of 17 I am already a housewife. Not literally. I am not married, but I act like one. I cook. I clean. I knit. I have a very exciting life!
I already have two blogs but they are oriented towards cooking and reading and I need somewhere to rant and rave about all of the things on my mind. So that's why we are here. I have high doubts people will read this, but I do my blogs for myself.
Here on Life by Lindsey's Rules I will explain to the way life should be according to me. I am not the most normal person, but than again who is? So I will explain to what I think of the world and the people in it.
When I get onto a subject that I am passionate about I probably look like a crazy person. Actually I know I look crazy. My hands start flying ever where, my voice gets higher, and my face gets redder. I must look crazy a lot. (Hehe, you wont see any of that because this is a blog.)
Today I am going to talk to you about books being mad in to movies. Two words. BAD IDEA. Books based off movies are always a hallow shell of their inspiration. There is absolutely no way a 200, 300, 400, or more page book can be crammed into an hour and half of film. Its like trying to do the impossible. Hollywood needs to stop making movies from books. They need to tell the lazy people watching the movie to go read the book. There is a place call a library where you can go in and check out the book for FREE. It cost no money to read the book. Maybe instead of spending 8 dollars or more to go see a poor imitation of the book, you should should actually READ the book. I know it's a crazy idea, but I believe in you. I believe that you can do it. You can read!
One shinning example of this is the Harry Potter books. There is no way a 700 page book can be made into a movie and keep the same amazingness as the book. There is no way in heaven or hell this can be done, unless the movie is 3 or 4 hours long. Personally I would not object to watching a 4 hour movie about Harry Potter.
Harry Potter is not the only awful movie made from a book. In school we are reading the amazing, fantastic, moving, inspriation, life-changing, classic book Les Miserables by Victor Hugo. After finishing a portion of this  book we watch part of the movie interprtation of the book. One word. AWFUL! This book, neh this work of art, cannot be cut down or watered down and made into a movie. There are so many inaccuarcies and flaws in the movie that it is hard to believe it still has the same meaning or affect as the book. I could hardly sit and watch this movie for 45 minutes. I made me sad to watch something so beautiful stripped down and made into something so hard to watch.
It irriates me that people think they can take a perfectly good peice of fiction and twist it and change it for them to use as a movie script. Plays, short stories, or novelles can be made into movies, but not books. Never books. Books should stay as books and movies should be movies. If you want to know what happened in a book, just read it. It won't kill you. I promise. So please join my plea and help me stop people from making movies from books. PLEASE! We must stop this awful act against the human race. If we join together we can help people become more intelgent by reading, and help filmmakers become more creative by forcing them to come up with their own matrial.
Please help me in fight againist stupidity!
Until next time dear readers,
Lindsey

No comments:

Post a Comment