Sorry grammar Nazis (aka Tina), I am
awful at spelling and grammar and life. Let me apologize in advance! SORRY!!!!

Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Much Ado About Shakespeare

Dear Readers,I now have a favorite Shakespeare play!!
I am loving Much Ado About Nothing. If you have never read this play stop being stupid and get off your butt and doing something useful with your life and read some great literature. Go read it!!!
Basic plot over view. There are a lot of happy people falling in love with happy people. A lot of fun. A lot of deception. And just in general a lot of awesomeness. So normal Shakespeare!
Main reason I love this play is because of Benedick and Beatrice. Two favorite Shakespeare characters! They "hate" each other at first. They have many many witting battles. Which is just so much fun to read. Some of the other characters decide to meddle in there lives and get Benedick and Beatrice to fall in love. As the walk by Benedick hiding in the bushes they talk about how much Beatrice loves him. Which is a lie at the time, but it makes Benedick think twice about her. Later Beatrice's cousin, Hero, also talks about how much Benedick loves Beatrice while in ear shot of her. They both fall madly in love for each other!
It is such a happy play, and after reading Othello exactly what I need. I also just love that fact the two people who were said to hate each other and never exchanged a nice word end up falling in love. Through out the beginning of the play you can see some underlying feelings of love, and it is just funny that once they hear the other loves them, they are free to love back. It just makes me smile.
I haven't even mentioned how wonderfully this play is written. I want to bow down to Mr. Shakespeare. He is a genius. The plot leaves me smiling, but the writting leaves me laughing, crying, and over flowing with emotion. How can writing be so beautiful? How can words cause so much emotion?
Fun Fact!! The Mumford and Sons song Sigh No More is from a line in this play!!
See I am not the only one inspired by Shakespeare.
Let us all thank William for sharing his brilliance with us. Let us forever cherish these words. And like I said before if you haven't read the play stop being stupid and read it!!
Lindsey

No comments:

Post a Comment